This is a green curry made with minced chicken and small green aubergine. Those green beads you can see in the photograph are the aubergines, but don't worry, large peas will work too. This dish is also made with fish mince, and served with hot cooked. A shared dish of the curry is placed in the center of the table and each guest takes spoonfuls of the sauce onto their rice. Note, you can eat the citrus lime leaves.
Ingredients for 2 people (Medium Hot)
200 gms Chicken Mince
50 gms Green Curry Paste
400 ml Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Sugar
50 gms Small Green Aubergine
5 gms Basil
2 Red Chillies
2 Kaffir (Citrus) Leaves
or Rice Noodle
1. Put a medium sized pan on the heat, add the coconut milk and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the green curry to the pan and stir it until mixed, bring to the boil.
3. When the curry is boiling, add the chicken mince using a teaspoon. The aim is to make round ball shaped mince balls.
4. Cook for 10 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
5. Add the fish sauce, salt, sugar, red chillies, aubergines, citrus leaves, basil (basically all the other ingredients) and stir it for a few seconds over the heat to warm them through.
6. Turn the heat off and serve it warm with hot rice or rice noodle.