A yellow curry using a premade curry paste. You can make the curry paste yourself if you wish, I will include a recipe for it in future, however it involves a lot of pounding in a Thai mortar and we usually use the ready made paste when in Thailand. So if you want to cook authentic Thai matsaman curry, then strictly speaking it's more authentic to use the ready made paste!
Ingredient For 6 People ( Medium Spicy )
2 Tablespoons Yellow Curry Paste
500 gms Chicken Legs
300 ml Coconut Milk
400 ml Water
250 gms Potato
5 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Salt
100 gms Sugar
10 gms Coriander Leaves for Garnish
1. Put the coconut milk into the pan and bring to the boil.
2. When the coconut milk is boiling add the curry paste and mix it into the coconut milk.
3. Clean the chicken legs and score with a knife, then put into pan.
4. When the curry is boilng again add the water into pan.
5. Add the fish sauce, sugar, and salt and cook for 30 minutes.
6. Chop the potatoes into 5 cm cubes and put into the curry pan.
7. Cook for 30 minutes.
8. Serve it when it warm, garnish with a little chopped coriander leaf.