300 gms Ground Almonds
2 Tablespoons Warm Water
2 Tablespoons Sugar
200 gms Sticky Rice Flour
1 Tablespoon Rice Flour
1 Teaspoon Cassava Starch Flour
1. Mix the almond with the warm water and sugar. Knead until they are well mixed together. You can also use ready made marzipan. Split the mixture up into equal pieces and add the food colouring to each piece. Knead the colouring into the ball of almond paste.
2. Pinch off pieces of the paste, you should be able to make 20-30 small balls of almond paste from this mixture.
3. Mix the 3 flours (Sticky rice, Rice and Cassava) together, add a little warm water and stir to form a thick paste. You can knead the paste to make sure the water is well mixed into the flour.
4. Pinch off pieces of this paste to make enough outer coverings for each of your almond centres.
5. Take a rice ball, flatten it in your hand into a disc. Put an almond ball in the centre, fold up the edges of the disc and crimp the top together.
6. Roll the ball in the palm of your hands to smooth out the join.
7. Boil a pan of water, drop the balls into the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
8. These are served with either ginger tea (slice ginger and boil it in water for 3-5 minutes to make ginger tea), or regular tea.