This is a guest recipe from a western friend Myriam. They are almond and marzipan cakes. It's important to get sufficient marzipan in your diet at Christmas time. Marzipan is important for a healthy diet, just like fruit and vegetables and this recipe ensures you get your recommended annual dose of this life saving ingredient.
200 gms Marzipan
90 gms Sugar
125 gms Butter
50 ml Water
200 gms Flour
5 gms Baking Powder (enough for 200gms Flour)
3-5 Drops Vanilla Essence
Sliced Almonds to Decorate
1. Mix the butter, sugar and marzipan together in a large bowl with your fingers.
2. Add the flour, essence, baking powder, egg and enough water to loosen the mixture. I found that 50ml of water was enough.
3. Whisk until the mixture is light and soft.
4. Spoon the mixture into paper cups and garnish with some almond flakes.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.