Ingredients for Colored Balls
100 gms Shredded Medium-Old Coconut
100 gms Palm Sugar
300 gms Sticky Rice Flour
1 Tablespoon Cassava Starch Flour
1. Melt the palm sugar in a pan. Add the shredded coconut, and stir while heating until you have a well mixed sticky mixture.
2. Leave to cool, then take spoonfuls of this mixture and roll into 2cm diameter balls, these form the centres.
3. Mix the sticky rice flour, cassava starch, a drop or two of food colouring and enough of the warm water to form a smooth dough.
4. Mix the dough well, divide it into portions, so you have one portion for each of your sweet coconut centres.
5. Roll each portion into a ball then roll it flat to approx 6cm diameter disc. Wrap it round one of the coconut sweets to form a ball. Do this for all the sweets.
6. Boil a pan of water, drop the coloured balls in the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove and drop into cold water.
Ingredients for White Base
460 gms Coconut Milk
50 gms Rice Flour
Pinch Of Salt
1. Mix the flour and salt and the coconut milk.
2. Heat over a medium heat, stirring until the mixture has thickened and the flour cooked through. This takes 2-3 minutes stirring after it thickens. The spoon into cups and add the balls.