This is a two layer dessert, a jelly bottom layer and a top creamy layer that comes from mashed pumpkin. It's the combination of the two textures that make this a nice dessert. The flavouring for the green one is Bi-Tuoy (the bubblegum flavouring made from Pandan leaves). You can also buy pandan essence in shops if you can't get the leaves.
Ingredients For Lower Layer
20 gms Bi Tuoy (Pandan) Leaves
300 ml Water
100 gms Sugar
5 gms Agar Agar Jelly Powder
Ingredients for Pumpkin Layer
230 ml Coconut Milk
100 gms Pumpkin
20 gms Sugar
A Pinch of Salt
5 gms Agar Agar Jelly
1. Lower Layer: Blend the bituoy leaves with water, bring the mix to the boil and simmer for a minute. Strain into a second pan you keep the green liquid and throw away the leaf pulp.
2. Add the sugar and agar to the hot green liquid and stir until dissolved. Pour into a tray and leave to cool and set with the tray at a slant, it makes for a prettier effect.
3. Pumpkin Layer: Cut the pumpkin into large cubes and boil in water until soft. Drain and mash.
4. Mix the mashed cooked pumpkin, coconut milk, sugar, agar, and salt and heat while stirring till the sugar has dissolved and the mix is smooth.
5. Leave to cool a little and pour over the bituoy layer, but be careful, agar sets very quickly, you want it to be cool enough to pour on the bituoy layer, but not to let it set. If you are more use to using gelatin as the setting agent agar can be a surprise - it sets above room temperature.