Black sesame seeds have a crunchyness and together with the coconut these balls are one of my favorites. There are so many different candies like this, ones with peanuts, ones with sugar, if you don't like these explore the dessert section for more choices.
50 gms Sesame Seed ( Toasted )
100 gms Coconut Powder
300 gms Sugar
100 ml Water
100 gms Sticky Rice Flour
30 gms Rice Flour
1 Tablespoon Cassava Starch Flour
1. Blend the sesame seeds, sugar, and 100 ml water together until the sesame forms a smooth paste.
2. Heat slowly over the stove until the water is reduced and the paste thickens, you will need a firm paste for this, so keep stirring and heating until its as thick as you can make it.
3. Take pieces of the paste and roll them in the palm of your hands into 2cms diameter balls.
4. Make the dough by mixing all the flours together add a little water and stir until it forms a stiff dough.
5. Pinch off pieces of the dough, flatten them in your hands, place a ball of sesame inside and wrap up the ball.
6. To cool, drop into boiling water for 3 minutes.
7. Serve in a ginger drink, warm tea or coffee are also nice.