After the satay burger recipe, comes the satay in breaded chicken. If you can wait until they are cold, they slice very nicely with the sauce nearly solid - perfect picnic food!
200 gms Unsalted Peanuts
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Chilli Paste
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
150 ml Water
2 Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Egg, Beaten
1. Blend the peanuts with salt, sugar, soy sauce, and chilli paste in a food processor until the peanuts form a smooth sauce.
2. Add the water into the peanut mix and blend again.
3. Place it in a sauce pan and bring to the boil over a low heat, cook until the sauce browns and reduces to thick.
4. Lay out some cling film or plastic.
5. Bash the chicken flat and thin with a rolling pin or Thai pestle.
6. Spoon some of the sauce in from one edge and roll up the chicken breast, folding in the edges. The chicken should overlap itself to seal properly. Use the plastic to help you roll it.
7. Heat oil for deep frying to 180 degrees celsius (medium hot).
8. Dip the chicken parcel in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
9. Deep fry until cooked. Allow 10-12 minutes or so to cook, as the chicken needs time to cook through.