Nam is the raw seasoned pork dish we eat in Thailand. You don't have to eat it raw though! Here I've wrapped it in bean curd sheets and deep fried it. Since Nam is raw, it has a very short shelf life, and must be eaten fresh. This is a good way to use up old Nam.
200 gms Nam
Yellow Bean Curd Sheets (Tofu sheets)
Oil for Deep Frying
1. Soak the bean curd sheets in warm water for 20 seconds to soften them.
2. Cut them in 10cm x 10cm squares.
3. Roll a sausage of nam, cut it into lengths and place it at one edge of the sheet.
4. Fold over then edges and roll it up.
5. Steam for 10 minutes, then drop into hot oil to brown it.
6. Drain and serve with sweet chilli sauce.
7. It's as simple as that.