I make the recipes for this site weeks in advance sometimes, the world cup is happening and so it's time to make a world cup snack! These are pork footballs, pork balls wrapped in 'string' pastry and deep fried.
Ingredients for Balls
200 gms Pork Mince
20 gms Chopped Spring Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Coriander Root
1 Teaspoon Peppercorns
1 Teaspoon Salt
Ingredients for Wrapper
140 gms Wheat Flour
1 Large Egg
1. Mix the wheat flour and 1 egg together, if the mixture is too tight you can add a little water and leave for 20 minutes. You want to make a faily firm pastry for this recipe.
2. Pound the garlic, peppercorns, and coriander root together.
3. Mix the pork mince, spring onions, egg and salt together.
4. Pinch off 2 cms balls of the pork and roll them in the palm of your hands to make them round. Steam these for 10 minutes to cook them.
5. Roll out the pastry, and slice into thin strips with a sharp knife to form strings of pastry.
6. Wrap the strings around the pork balls.
7. Deep fry in hot oil (190 degree celsius) until the pastry is just cooked and brown.