The filling for these paper thin snacks is pork and carrot, the outer wrapper is spring roll paper. In the photograph you can see I layered the papers with slices of pineapple. The pineapple adds a sharpness to cut through the fatty taste of the papers, but also it keeps the papers apart so they don't stick together.
100 gms Pork Meat
50 gms Pineapple
30 gms Carrot
20 gms Onion
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
8 Spring Roll Papers
Oil for deep frying
1. Clean the pork and chop it into pieces (you will blend it later anyway).
2. Peel the carrot and garlic and slice the onion.
3. Put all the chopped vegetables and pork together into a blender, add salt, sugar, light soy sauce and blend until smooth.
4. Take 1 spring roll page, and cut into equal sized triangles.
5. Spread the mixture thinly and evenly onto each triangle.
6. Add a top triangle of spring roll paper (to form a sandwich), and repeat until all the filling is used up.
7. Heat the oil ready to deep fry.
8. Drop the triangles one by one into the oil until they're crispy - approximately 1 minute. Remove and drain.
9. Layer with slices of pineapple.
Sweet Chilli Sauce For Chicken or Plumb Sauce