There's a technique to eating bamboo shoots, pick it up with your hands and tear strips of fibres from the bamboo and eat them. Chew carefully to break up the fibres. For this dish I used bamboo shoots in tins, which are easy to find in asian grocers.
5 Bamboos (Boiled or Tinned)
80 gms Pork Mince
10 gms Chopped Spring Onions
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
Oil for Deep Frying
2 Tablespoons Flour
1. Mix the pork mince, salt, sugar, spring onion and light soy sauce together, knead until sticky.
2. Take the bamboo shoots, cut a slit in them with a fork or knife along their length but not to the ends.
3. Push the pork mince stuffing into the bamboo shoots.
4. Mix the flouur with a little water to form a paste.
5. Roll the bamboo in this batter.
6. Heat the deep frying oil to 180 degrees celsius.
7. Fry the bamboo for 30 seconds, remove, drain and serve.