There is an Indonesian season chilli sauce, known as Sambal Oelek (the Oelek type is the spicy one). We use it in Thailand too, and here I've used it to make spicy sweet ribs. The sauce is used as a marinade but you should also keep a tablespoon of it back to add at the end. The heat from the spices is reduce by the cooking process and adding a spoonful at the end peps it up. Since this is a ready made sauce it is about as simple as it gets!
1 Rack of Ribs
6 Tablespoons of Sambal Oelek
1. Cut the ribs into individual ribs.
2. Cover with 4 tablespoons of the sauce and marinade for at least an hour.
3. Fry in a covered shallow frying pan with little oil until well browned on all sides.
4. Add two more tablespoons of sauce.
5. Cook a little longer just to warm and coat the ribs.