These fried shrimp cakes have plenty of flavour. We make many variations of these cakes in Thailand, fish, pork and these shrimp ones. I like to deep fry the heads of the larger prawns aswell, once they're crunchy you can eat them as a snack too.
100 gms Shrimp or Prawns
50 gms Pork Fat or Pork Mince
1 Teaspoon White Pepper
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
100 gms Breadcrumbs
Oil For Deep Frying
1. Clean the shrimp and remove the black thread (the gut). Mix with the pork fat, salt, white pepper and blend together in a food processor, to form a course mince.
2. Cover a plate with the breadcrumbs.
3. Take a tablespoon of the mixture out and drop it on the breacrumbs, flatten it and flip it over to form the flat round cake shape.
4. Heat the oil to 170 degrees Celsius (a medium heat), and fry them until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Serve with either plumb sauce or sweet chicken chilli sauce.