This is how I make Bami noodles. Bami noodles are a fresh egg pasta, they can be made very easily and very quickly with the minimum of effort and without special equipment. The great advantage of them is they're quite fat and wide, so you won't have any difficulty cutting them with a knife and irregularities won't matter in the finished noodle.
100 gms Wheat Flour
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Oil
2 Drops Green Food Coloring
A Rolling Pin
1. Whisk the egg with the food color, add the oil and mix with the flour.
2. Knead it for 1-2 minutes to form a stiff dough, then leave for 5 minutes to rest.
3. Roll with a rolling pin into a long flat thin piece of pastry. Approximately 12-14cms wide and as long as you can make it.
4. When I make it, I let the pastry hang over the side of the table, I roll out a piece, move it to hang over the edge, then roll out some more and keep doing that until all the dough is rolled out.
5. Once I have a long thin piece of pastry, you can either roll it into a sausage shape, or like I've done here, fold it concertina fashion. You can see this in the photograph below.
6. Next take a knife and cut thin sections off the end of the folded up pastry.
How to Cook
Simply drop them into boiling water for 3 minutes. They cook very quickly since they are fresh. They are not suitable for freezing, you should make them the same day you want to cook them.