These parcels are traditionally made wrapped up in banana leaves. It's quite a bit more practical to make them in tin foil trays, you can even freeze them if you wish. In the photograph the front one is uncooked, the one at the back is cooked. In Isan (north east Thailand) we eat these with sticky rice.
500 gms Chicken
2 Tablespoons Chopped Lemon Grass
2 Tablespoons Chopped Chillies
2 Tablespoons Chopped Dill
2 Tablespoons Chopped Basil
2 Tablespoons Chopped Spring Onions
5 Garlic Cloves Chopped
100 gms Courgette
10 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Salt
1. Peel and pound the garlic with the chillies and lemon grass to a pulp. Put into a mixing bowl.
2. Then chop the chicken and courgettes into bite sized pieces and add to the bowl.
3. Add the chopped dill, chopped spring onion, basil, fish sauce and salt into the bowl.
4. Crack the eggs into the bowl.
5. Mix the whole thing thoroughly and leave for 10 minutes for the chicken to marinade.
6. Put into tin foil trays, cover with tin-foil and steam it in a chinese steamer for 20 minutes.
Steamed Sticky Rice