The chicken in this dish is boiled not fried, the flavour comes from the seasonings. So this is a healthy, low fat way to eat chicken.
50 gms Chicken Breast
2 Tablespoons Salt
1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
Water to Boil
40 gms Chopped Pickled Bamboo
10 gms Mints Leaves
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Toasted Rice (Pounded or Chopped)
1 Tablespoon Dried Flaked Chillies
1 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
1. Boil the water, add the salt and white pepper.
2. When the water is boiling, add the chicken breasts and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken and shred it into fine strands.
4. Add the chopped pickled bamboo, lemon juice, fish sauce, toasted rice, flaked chilli, mint leaves and turmeric in and mix it.
5. Heat over a low heat for 1 minute.
Thai Fragrant Rice
Steamed Sticky Rice