My grandmother loved this recipe, but if you don't boil and rinse the Bi Khee Lage (the plant in the sauce) enough it is too bitter. A quick shortcut is to use the canned, which you can buy in Asian grocers.
500 gms Pork Ribs
100 gms Bi Khee Lage, Canned
380 ml Coconut Milk
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Red Curry Paste
120 ml Water
4 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1-2 Tablespoons Sugar
1. Fry the pork ribs in oil, brown them all over for extra flavour.
2. Add coconut milk and bring to the boil.
3. Pound the garlic, chillies and red curry paste together in a Thai mortar, and add to the boiling milk.
4. Add water and the green bitter vegetable, add the fish sauce, and sugar.
5. Simmer until the ribs are well cooked. You can leave them overnight and cook again the next day for maximum flavours.
6. The taste you are looking for is a little bit salty a little bit bitter, adjust the seasonings to get that by adding sugar and salt as necessary.