Are you sick of eating plain pork chops each night? Then why not try my Thai pork chops! The sauce is flavoured with Star Anise, Cinnamon and if you can get hold of it, a dash of aniseed spirit (a white alcoholic drink with an aniseed flavour).
500 gms Pork Chops
20 gms Star Anise (2 or 3 Stars)
20 gms Cinnamon (1 or 2 Sticks)
2 Tablespoons Chopped Onion
4 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1/3 Teaspoon White Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Corn Flour
2 Tablespoons White Aniseed Spirit (Optional)
1. Clean and dry the pork chops, tenderize it, I use my Thai pestle to bash it.
2. Mix the pork with all the ingredients except the corn flour and marinade for at least 3 hours, overnight is better.
3. Put into a saucepan, add water to just cover the pork and simmer over low heat with the lid on. Cook until the water has reduced to half and the pork is cooked through.
4. Remove the pork from the pan, leaving the sauce.
5. Mix the corn flour with 2 tablespoons of water, and stir into the saucepan. Cook for a minute to thicken the sauce and cook the flour.
6. Serve with the sauce poured over the pork chops.
Thai Fragrant Rice