A simple dish of spring rolls made with rice paper and filled with noodles, meat and vegetables. This makes a complete meal all in a one, you take a parcel, dip it in the sauce and eat. As you can see in the photograph, I slice them in half so that people can see what's inside each parcel.
Ingredients for 4 People
20 Sheets Rice Paper
100 gms Pork Mince
40 gms Glass Noodle
2 Tablespoons Maggi Sauce
1 Teaspoon White Pepper
1 Tablespoon Oil
1. Soak the glass noodle for 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan.
3. Fry the pork mince, white pepper, Maggi sauce and stir fry until the pork is cooked and any excess water boiled off.
4. Add the glass noodles and mix/fry for approximately 30 seconds. Set aside and leave to cool.
5. Clean and slice the lettuce, mint leaves and coriander leaves.
6. Soak the rice paper in warm water for 30 seconds to just soften it. Don't soak it too long or it will disintegrate.
7. Assemble the parcels, take a sheet of rice paper, some of the pork and noodle mix, some of the lettuce, coriander and mint and wrap the ingredients up in the rice paper.
8. Serve with a sweet peanut dipping sauce.
Ingredients for Sweet Peanut Sauce
1 Tabespoon Chopped or Pounded Peanuts
3 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
100 ml Water
1. In a saucepan, place the water and sugar and bring to the boil.
2. Add the salt and chopped peanuts and leave to cool.
3. Add the coriander.