This dish a sweet spicy fried noodle dish with chicken, sugar, and chilli. When cooked some of the sugar will caramelize on the noodle and this sweet caramel balances the spicy chilli added later. In Thailand we make this dish with broccoli greens, these are like green frying cabbage with a slight broccoli taste, but you can use any suitable frying green cabbage.
(If you're not reading this at Khiewchanta.com, please come visit my site rather than the hundreds of clone sites. Thank, Appon).
Ingredients for 4 People
400 gms Rice 'Vermicelli' Noodles (Thin rice noodles -not glass noodles!)
200 gms Chicken Breast
30 gms Straw Mushrooms
30 gms Baby Corn
30 gms Broccoli Leaves
4 Garlic Cloves
10 gms Spring Onion
3 Tablespoons Oil
4 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Teaspoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon White Pepper
1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
1. Soak the noodle in water for 15 minutes.
2. Clean the chicken and chop into bite sized pieces.
3. Put oil in a frying pan and preheat.
4. Pound the garlic and put into the pan, fry until the smell of garlic comes out.
5. Add the chicken to the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add light soy sauce, fish sauce, dark soy sauce and sugar, and fry for a few seconds.
7. Chop the spring onion, broccoli leaves, baby corn and straw mushrooms.
8. Add the noodle and all the chopped vegetables and fry quickly for 5 minutes, don't overcook the noodles.
9. Crack open an egg into the noodles and mix which you continue to fry the noodles, until the egg is cooked.
10. Serve immediately.
Dried Flaked Chilli
Vinegar or Lemon
Dry-fried, chopped peanuts