Ingredients for 2 People
300 gms Flat Rice Noodle
1 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Oil
150 gms Pork
300 ml Water
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Chicken Stock Cube
2 Tablespoons Cassava Starch (Use corn starch if you can't find it)
100 gms Broccoli
Preparation of Noodles
1. Soak the noodles in water for 20 minutes.
2. Put the oil, dark soy, sugar, and fry with noodle until the noodles are cooked.
3. Set aside on a plate.
Preparation For Soup
1. Boil the water and add the chicken stock cube, light soy sauce, and fish sauce to form a sauce.
2. Add the pork to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the cassava starch to 70 ml of cold water and add to the sauce pan and stir to thicken the sauce.
4. Chop and clean the broccoli and add to the sauce pan. Turn off the heat.
Condiments to Serve With
Flaked Chilli Powder
Vinegar with Chopped Chillies
Chopped or Pounded Peanuts
How to Serve
Place the noodles on a deep rimmed plate.
Spoon the sauce, broccoli and meat over the top.
The sauce should pool a under the noodles (which is why you need a deep rimmed plate).
Each guest can select which condiments to use on their dish.