This noodle is popular in Thailand right now, it uses a premixed spicy noodle powder for the seasoning (shown below). You can get this powder in Asian supermarkets. In Thailand they add raw pork blood to the ladle as they serve it, then hold the ladle in the hot soup to cook it.
Ingredients for 5 person
50 gms Instant Spicy Noodle soup Powder ( Gosto Brand )
1500 ml Water
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
4 Coriander Roots
200 gms Soup Pork Bone
2 Chicken Stock Cube
50 gms Radish
Dried Noodle ( Soak in water for 15 minutes to soften )
Pork Balls (Optional)
Chopped Coriander Leaves
Chopped Spring Onion
Flaked Dried Chillies
Preparation Make Soup
1. Mix the powder instant spicy with water in a saucepan, and put on the heat to boil.
2. In a thai mortar, pound the garlic, ground pepper, coriander root and add to the pan.
3. When the water is boiling, add the pork bone, radish and chicken stock cube.
4. Continue boiling until the bone is cooked, any meat on it is falling easily off the bone.
5. Add the fish or pork balls, and continue cooking to cook these.
6. Fry the sliced pork meat in a little oil.
7. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Place a portion of the noodles in a large sieve, place the sieve into the pan of boiling water to cook. The sieve lets you remove the noodles easily, the pan is kept and reused for each portion of noodles. The noodles take 3-5 minutes to cook.
8. Place the cooked noodles in a bowl.
9. Pour some of the soup with pork balls over it, add the chopped onion, chopped coriander, flaked chillies, a dash of vinegar to taste, a little sugar and heaps of crushed peanuts.