The best bacon for this is traditional bacon. When you fry it, fat should come from frying bacon, not water. If your bacon produces lots of water, or worse, that chemical liquid that turns brown when fried, it's best to get your meat from elsewhere.
When you make this fried rice dish, keep the fat from frying the bacon and fry the rice in it, the rice will soak up the bacon fat and be flavored by it.
200 gms Pre-Cooked Rice
100 gms Asian Mushrooms
100 gms Chopped Long Green Beans
4-6 Bacon Rashers
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1. Fry the bacon until crispy, remove from the pan and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Fry the mushrooms on a low heat in the fat that came off the bacon until cooked and soft.
3. Add the pre-cooked rice, add the bacon piece, the chopped pieces of long bean, the fish sauce, and the oyster sauce.
4. Fry the rice for 3-5 minutes turning it over to warm it through.
5. Serve with chillies, spring onion and cucumber.