This is a nice way to present rice fried with mixed vegetables and raisins. The rice is spread over an omelette and the omelette rolled up tightly and sliced into spiral shaped cross sections. This is usually served as a dish in it's own right in Thailand, but you can also serve smaller portions as a side dish.
150 gms Cooked Fragrant Rice
2 Tablespoons Chopped Carrots
2 Tablespoons Chopped Spring Onions
2 Tablespoons Chopped Coriander
2 Tablespoons Raisins
1 Tablespoon Dried Shrimp
1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
1 Tablespoon Chopped Onion
3 Tablespoons Oil
4 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
1. Clean shrimp, cut down the back and remove the black thread.
2. Fry the shrimp in oil for 1 minute and set aside on a plate.
3. Fry the garlic in the pan to release the smell.
4. Add the onion, carrot, dried shrimp, rice, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and white pepper, and fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add the raisins, spring onions, coriander and stir, then turn off the heat. Set aside.
6. Put 1 tablespoon oil into the pan and heat.
7. Mix the eggs together and fry into the pan, swirl the eggs around the pan to spread them out. Flip the omelette over and cook on the other side.
8. Place the omelette onto a plate, spread the rice over it evenly and roll it up.
9. Slice the roll into 4cm lengths.
10. Serve with the shrimps you fried at the beginning, and slices of cucumber and tomato.