These salmon rollups are flavoured with Thai kaffir limes leaves, lemon grass and pepper corns which infuse the salmon as they cook.
500 gms Salmon Fillet
2 Garlic Cloves
1-2 Coriander Roots
3 Kaffir Lime Leaves
5 gms Lemon Grass, Chopped
5 gms Green Peppercorns
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Butter
1. Set aside some of the lemon grass and kaffir leaves to use as a garnish.
2. Pound the garlic, coriander root, the remaining kaffir leaves, and lemon grass, the peppercorns and fish sauce together until they are broken up.
3. Spoon the herbs onto the salmon thinly.
4. Roll up the salmon.
5. Slice the kaffir and lemon grass garnish into thin strips, then use them to garnish the top of the roll ups.
6. Leave to marinade in the fridge. I like to leave it overnight.
7. Add a little knob of butter to each of the rolls ups, then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.