These delicious parcels are flavoured with shredded ginger and prawns, and served in a stock soup. The carrots, ginger and celery should be shredded, or sliced very finely, since they need to steam quickly with the rest of the dish.
10 Rice Papers
100 gms Prawns
10 gms Carrot
10 gms Celery
10 gms Ginger Root
100 ml Water
1/2 Chicken Stock Cube
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
1 Teaspoons Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
1. Peel the carrot, and ginger root. Shred or grate them finely. Grate the celery too.
2. Clean and shell the prawns, cutting down the back, to remove the black thread.
3. Chop the prawn meat into small pieces.
4. Mix the prawn, celery, ginger, and carrot.
5. Soak the rice papers in warm water until they are soft. This takes only a minute or so.
6. Roll up the prawn mixture in the rice paper into a parcel, and place in a bowl. The bowl should be small enough to fit in your steamer.
7. Steam the prawn rice paper packets for 5 minutes to cook them.
8. For the soup, boil the water in a saucepan with the chicken stock, light soy, sugar and white pepper.
9. The pour over the rice parcels and serve.