Crunchy square biscuits with a sprinkling of nuts to add a little bit of savory and sugar to add that crystalline sugar crunch. To get the biscuit even and thin, I'm rolling it out between a the folds of folded wax paper, although you can roll it out on a flat surface, it's difficult to get the biscuit pastry even enough that way.
125 gms Butter
200 gms Cake Flour
80 gms Sugar (1)
2-3 drop Of Vanilla Essence
Ingredients to Cover
80 gms Cashew Nuts
30 gms Course Sugar
1. Sift flour and set aside, into a mixer, chop the butter into small pieces, mix with the vanilla and blend till soft.
2. Add the flour, sugar (1), and blend on medium power until all the ingredients mixed. Don't over work this dough, you want it mixed and even, nothing more.
3. Cut the wax paper to be 12 inches by 24 inches (30cms x 60cms). fold it over in half along the longest edge making a square. Now fold over the edges, about 2 inches (5cms) each edge to form a pocket as shown below. The finished size should be 8 inches x 10 inches, (20cms x 25cms), this size is important because it matches the quantities of the ingredients.
4. Cut the dough into 4 equal sized pieces, take one piece and put it into the wax paper envelope you made earlier, and fold back up the edges. Turn it so the folds are facing down.
5. Roll this envelope flat until it's even and the dough has been rolled out to the edges and corners.
6. Cut the dough into 4 rectangular biscuits and place them on a greased baking sheet spaced a little apart. These will spread but not that much. If you have a silicon non-stick baking sheet that's even better.
7. Take the egg, and beat it, brush the biscuits with the beaten egg.
8. Break up the cashew nuts, into large pieces and sprinkle them over the biscuits.
9. Sprinkle the course sugar over the biscuits to finish them.
10. Bake in a medium oven, 180 degrees celsius for 10-14 minutes until lightly golden.