Be careful not to cook this soup too long, bitter melon is an aquired taste and the more you cook it the more bitter it gets. We Thais think of it as health food, we think the bitterness is good for you.
100 gms Bitter Melon
50 gms Chicken Breast
30 gms Chopped Carrot
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
1 Chicken Stock Cube
350 ml Water
1. Boil the water with the stock cube.
2. Mix the mince with the garlic, chicken breast and white pepper. Blend to a smooth mixture.
3. Cut the melon in half, take a teaspoon and scoop out the centre seeds.
4. Stuff the hollowed out melon with the chicken breast mixture.
5. Place the halves into the boiling water, with carrot slices and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. When serving, I like to cut the melon into slices for better presentation then put it back into the soup.
Thai Fragrant Rice