Choose a good medley of flavour mushrooms for this dish, like shitake, and seps, to give it a depth of taste. Chopped Thai basil and coriander also adds to the flavour. The recipe for the Kratong pastry is here.
Ingredients for 10 Tarts
100 gms Flavour Mushrooms
1/2 Teaspoon Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 Tablespoon Corn Flour
Coriander Leaves for Garnish (Optional)
10 Small Kratong Cases (Pastry cases)
1. Clean and slice the mushrooms.
2. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a frying pan.
3. Lightly fry the mushrooms, add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, basil and oregano and stir until they are just softened, this only takes 30 seconds or so.
4. Mix the corn flour with 50ml water, and add to the mushroom pan and continue cooking to thicken up the juices.
5. Spoon the mushroom mixture into the kratong cases and top off with a garnish of a coriander leaf.