This is also called Sour Isan Sausage ( Nam Side Gorg ) , because it's left a few days to sour in the fridge, but that stage is optional! The sausage is a pork sausage, padded with sticky rice. The sticky rice needs to be soft, to get a softer consistency you can soak the pre-steamed rice in water for 5 minutes.
150 gms Pork Mince
100 gms Sticky Rice
50 gms Galangal
50 gms Lemon Grass
5 Garlic Cloves
3 Coriander Roots
4 Kaffir Leaves
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
1. Soak the sticky rice in hot water for 1 hour, (or cold water for 8).
2. Steam the rice in a Thai steamer (or on a sheet of foil with holes in it in a regular steamer) for 10-15 minutes until cooked.
3. Leave the rice to cool, if it is still too firm, soak for an extra 5 minutes in water.
4. Blend the galangal, lemon grass, garlic, chillies, coriander root, kaffir leaves together.
5. Mix all the ingredients together.
6. Pipe into a sausage skin.