Continuing with the sausage theme, this sausage is pork, with noodle as the meat stretcher and mushroom as the flavouring. This sausage really needs a helping of fat to blend it, hence the addition of pork back fat.
175 gms Mushrooms (Shitake and Bleckfung/Rat Ear)
200 gms Glass Noodles
25 gms Galangal
10 gms Kaffir Leaves
25 gms Lemon Grass
100 gms Pork Fat (Finely Chopped)
350 gms Pork Mince
10 Garlic Cloves
4 Coriander Roots
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Salt
1. Rinse the sausage skins, mine came packed in salt, they needed extensive rinsing.
2. Soak the glass noodles and mushrooms in water for 6-8 hours.
3. Blend the galangal, lemon grass, kaffir leaves, garlic, coriander root and pork fat together in a blender.
4. Mix all the ingredients together. A food mixer is a good idea at this point, you want a well blended mix.
5. Pipe into the sausage skin.
Remember that you can taste and adjust the filling, by cooking a spoonful in the microwave and tasting it.