Prunes are a good source of fibre and should be a regular part of a diet, but only in small quantities! This rice dish uses prunes as a flavouring to the rice, and only a little is eaten, enough to do you good, not enough to cause you problems.
250 gms Cooked Fragrant Rice
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Chopped Celery
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
2 Tablespoons Oil
1. Remove the seeds of the prunes, chop it into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan.
3. Chop the garlic and fry in the oil for 20 seconds.
4. Add the fragrant rice and chopped prune, celery, fish sauce, light soy sauce and white pepper.
5. Stir fry for a few minutes until mixed.
6. Serve with Prune Sauce.
Ingredients for Prune Sauce
50 ml Water
1 Teaspoon Salt
1. Remove the pits from the prunes, blend the flesh in a blender with the water and salt.
2. Heat in a saucepan until the prune sauce thickens.
3. Spoon over the prune rice.