These fried prawn sandwiches are rolled up for extra presentation. When I made them for the photograph, I used wholemeal bread, but that didn't really work, it is better to use soft white bread, because it is easier to roll.
5 Slices Sandwich Bread
100 gms Prawns
10 gms Chopped Onion
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Tablespoons Condensed Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
1. Clean and shell the prawns.
2. Chop the shrimp into small pieces.
3. Put butter into a frying pan and fry the chopped onion and chopped shrimp until the are cooked.
4. Season with the pepper and salt.
5. Take a piece of bread, lay a lettuce leaf over it, spoon a little of the prawn mixture along one edge, and lay some tomato and cucumber along that edge too.
6. Roll up the sandwich and skewer with a toothpick.