This recipe is a blend of Thai yellow curried pork, coriander leaves, mint and lettuce served in pita bread. If you like Greek food and Thai food, why not mix the two and fill a pita bread with a Thai curry. This is a particularly way to serve Thai flavours to people who don't like rice, the pita bread substitutes for the rice in this dish.
Ingredients for 2 People
4-6 Pita Breads
300 gms Pork Meat
2 Tablespoons Yellow Curry Paste
2 Tablespoons Maggi Sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
100 ml Coconut Milk
100 ml Water
1 Tablespoon Oil
30 gms Chopped Onion
2-3 Garlic Cloves Chopped
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat, add the chopped garlic and onion and fry for 1 minute.
2. Chop the pork into small cubes, add to the frying pan and fry until half cooked.
3. Add all the other ingredients (coconut milk, curry paste, etc.) and continue frying on a low heat for 5 minutes, until everything is cooked through.
4. Warm the pita breads for a few minutes. Cut down the edge with a knife and slide your fingers in to open the bread pocket.
5. Fill the the fried pork, and the garnishes.