This is a side dish that's cheap and simple, it uses hot dog sausages together with green spring onions and chilli to spice it up. In Thailand dishes like this are called "gop-gam", snacks served with beer at night, but it can also be served with rice to make a full meal.
Ingredients for 2 People
160 gms Hot Dog (1 packet)
20 gms Spring Onion
10 gms Coriander Leaves
10 gms Mint
4 Bird Chillies
1 Red Chilli
1 Tablespoon Lime or Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
200 ml Water
1. Heat 200 ml water to the pan until it boils.
2. Slice the hot dogs into bite sized pieces, put in the boilng water and heat through for 2 minutes.
3. Remove the hot dogs and put in a mixing bowl.
3. Chop the bird chillies & red chilli, the onions , the spring onions ,and the coriander, and add to the mixing bowl.
4. Add the fish sauce, sugar, and lemon juice, into the bowl and mix all the ingredients together.
5. Serve it on a plate with a little mint garnish.