With such a short season for "Head Pop" the Thai Truffle as its known, you have to use it quickly. It's only around for a week. I've already made the mushroom soup of it, and I want to try it in scrambled eggs the way the French eat their truffle. I'm sure you have your own favorite scrambled egg recipe, I've included a simple one below, the only extra is you need to fry off the truffle slices in the butter first. That way it imparts the truffle flavour to the butter. If you don't like the texture of these mushrooms, you can remove them from the butter before cooking the scrambled eggs, but I left them in.
4-5 Thai Truffles (Head Pop)
2 Tablespoons Butter
Salt and Pepper to Season
1. In a pan over a low heat melt the butter.
2. Slice the truffles and fry in the butter, avoid colouring the butter the heat needs to be kept low.
3. Swirl the butter around the edges of the pan to avoid sticking.
4. Blend the eggs and milk together, add the mixture to the pan with the butter and heat slowly, stirring to avoid it sticking.
5. Season to taste with salt and ground pepper.
6. Garnish with a little ground black pepper, and some (optional) chopped spring onions.