Friday is normally pizza day in our house, but these are Thai pizzas, a modern mix of western and Thai recipes. A Thai flavoured pizza typically has no tomato in it, and only a little cheese, what it does have is plenty of Thai ingredients. This one is green chicken curry pizza, using Thai green curry paste to add some spice to the topping.
Ingredients for Pizza
150 gms Wheat Flour
2 Tablespoons Oil
4 Tablespoons Yeast
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
70 ml Water
Ingredients for The Topping
1 Tablespoon Green Curry Paste
70 gms Chicken Breast
50 ml Coconut Milk
40 ml Water
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoons Salt
50 gms Grated Cheese
1. Mix the yeast with the sugar, salt and water. Leave it for a minute to begin foaming.
2. Add the yeast mix to the flour and oil. Add just enough water to bind it together and knead for a minute to form a solid single piece dough.
3. Set it aside for 30 minutes to rise. To stop a skin forming on the dough, wet a cloth and cover the dough with the damp cloth.
4. Fry the coconut milk with the green curry paste for 1 minute.
5. Chop the chicken breast into bite sized strips and add into the curry pan. Add salt, sugar and water and cook it for 4 minutes.
6. Heat the oven to 150 Degrees C, and cook the base for 10 minutes, it should not be fully cooked, just dried out and slightly risen.
7. Add the chicken curry topping, and the cheese to the pizza. Turn the oven up to 190 degrees and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted. For Thai pizza its common to have the cheese just melted but not browned.
Salad, Coleslaw, Whatever you eat with pizza!