During Halloween, if you kill a chicken, it will rise from the dead and the chicken claws will try to take back it's flesh from your plate. BOO! Well that's what I tell small children anyway, we celebrate Halloween as a bit of western fun even in Thailand, this dish is chicken dumplings with fried chicken feet. You can eat it all, if it doesn't eat you first.
Ingredients For Nam Gai
150 gms Chicken Breast
4 Bird Chillies
1-2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1. Clean the chicken breast, peel the garlic cloves and blend all the ingredients together in a blender until well blended.
2. Marinade in the fridge for 2 days.
3. Take pieces of the mince, and pat them into thick circles.
4. Grill under a medium heat until cooked all the way through.
Ingredients for Chicken Feet
6-10 Chicken Feet
3-4 Tablespoons Flour for Batter
Pinch of Salt
Oil for Deep Frying
1. Mix the flour, salt and 4-5 tablespoons water and stir to mix, you want a thick batter, so add a little more flour or water if necessary.
2. Clean the chicken feet carefully.
3. Dip them in the batter and deep fry until brown.